Body Works was founded by Johnny
and Evelyn Kopriva, opening for
business in 1930. Houston
was a community of approximately
200,000 residents. The East
End neighborhood, where the company
operated, was served by street cars
along brick lined streets.
After 78 years of business, many
satisfied customers and loyal friends,
as well as their children, are still
using our services. Throughout
the years we have developed a reputation
for uncompromising quality and friendly
a fire destroyed the original
building in June 1948, the business
moved to the corner of Lockwood
and Harrisburg where we have continued
to operate for 6 decades.
the 50’s many changes in
the construction design and mechanical
improvements brought about
dramatic changes to Kopriva's,
as well as the auto industry.
Auto air conditioning, power steering,
power brakes, new innovations
in paint composition that were
a result of World War II, changed
the way cars and trucks were repaired.
Foreign cars such as Mercedes
and Volkswagon were introduced
from Germany as well as Jaguar,
Triumph, and Austin-Healey from
England. These new additions
brought about a change in auto
repair which Kopriva's adapted
to effortlessly. We have
built a reputation for quality
foreign car service.
spending 21 years in the financial
community as a banker, Johnny
Kopriva's son, John, joined the
business in 1988. Immediately,
plans began to upgrade and renovate
the existing building, as well
as 7,000 square feet of additional
workspace in order to accommodate
the business steady growth.
1997, Kopriva's became a third
generation company when John's
daughter, Lara and son, David,
joined the firm.
feel free to call or come by anytime
for more information or a shop
tour. Kopriva Body Works
puts our family name on every
product we deliver, so you can
count on uncompromising quality…second